The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallow be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory forever. Amen
The Apache Prayer
Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth for the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there are three lives before you, His Life, Her life and Your life together. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth.
The Cherokee Prayer
God in heaven above please protect the ones we love. We honor all you created as we pledge our hearts and lives together. We honor mother earth and ask for our marriage to be abundant and grow stronger through the seasons; We honor fire and ask that our union be warm and glowing with love in our hearts; We honor wind and ask we sail through life safe and calm as in our father’s arms; We honor water to clean and soothe our relationship, that it may never thirst for love; With all the forces of the universe you created, we pray for harmony and true happiness as we forever grow young together.
Marriage Tapestry Prayer
Dear God, we thank you heavenly creator for this day and this exact moment… We acknowledge you for bringing these two hearts together, knowing it is you who will continue to strengthen and establish them as one. We ask that you continue to weave their marriage tapestry with golden threads of hope and love, commitment and truth, loyalty, forgiveness and patience. May always know your loving and living presence within their lives. Amen
Steve’s Wedding Prayer
- Dear Lord, We would like to thank you for your goodness and grace, for this wonderful wedding, and for the special joy that (Groom’s Name) and (Bride’s Name) have found in each other. But also, we’d like to thank you for the trials and tribulations that you, in your wisdom have sent (Groom) and (Bride) in the past. For the trials of the past, which weighed so heavily on their backs but have strengthened their legs, so that they may stand firm, as they carry the next generation of the their family on their shoulders. For this strength, born of hard work, Lord, we thank you!
- And for the compassion born of heartbreaks, Dear Lord, we also thank you. For those who mourn, not only are comforted, they learn how, and when to give love and comfort to those around them in need.
- So on this Special Day, Dear Lord, celebrating the creation of a new family, we want to thank you for the joys and sorrows you have sent (Groom) and (Bride), which have given them the love, strength and wisdom, to bring new lives into your world, and nurture them into the kind, wise, loving beings you intended to inhabit your creation. Amen
Copyright © 2003 – Steve Green/Weddings Performed™
Divine Marriage Prayer
Lord, shine Your light upon this couple. May their journey together be illuminated by Your divine blessings and may Your strength always be the foundation upon which their love is based. May they endlessly appreciate the beauty of family, friends, and faith whilst their home is filled with the joys and favor You have offered and will bestow upon them, this day and always….. AMEN.
© 2011 – Jill Eisnaugle. All rights reserved.
The Marriage Prayer
Bless our marriage O God, as we begin our journey down the road of life together. We don’t know what lies ahead, for the road turns and bends. But help us to make the best of whatever comes our way. Help us to hug each other often, laugh a lot, take more and argue less. Help us to continue to enjoy each other as we did when we first met. Help us to realize that nothing or no one is perfect, and to look for the good in all things and all people including ourselves. Help us to respect each other’s likes and dislikes, opinions, and beliefs, hopes, dreams and fears, even though we may not always understand them. Help us to learn from each other and to help each other grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Help us to realize that there is design and purpose in our lives as in the world and now matter what happens, we will hold onto each other and know that things have a way of working out for the good. Help us to create a peaceful, stable home of love on which we can build our lives together. But most of all, dear God, Help us to keep lit the torch of love that we now share in our hearts. Amen
The Couple’s Prayer
- Lord, they stand before you happy and hopeful. We believe you brought them together and that you are one with them now. We also know that the road ahead will have both good times and hard times. We ask now that you bless them and be with them in the following days.
- Help them to live up to vows they made/make to each other today. Keep their love fresh, alive, and growing. Remind them always to approach each other with gentleness and patience. Teach them how to communicate and trust more completely. Never let them take one another for granted.
- Guide them as they strive to hear you speaking to them through their religious traditions. Make them faithful to yourself, as well as to each other. May their life together be a sign to others that people can live together in peace in spite of differences.
- Make their home a place of peace and growth where people are always welcome. Help them reach out to others to share the love and blessings they themselves have experienced.
- With the children they are blessed with, make them good and loving parents. Help them always to remember that they are first of all your children. Guide them as they try to raise them to be full and complete human beings aware of your love, and help them to step aside when it is time to let go.
- Thank you for their family and friends, both those present and those unable to be with us today. Their love and friendship had led them to be what they are today. May their celebration strengthen their awareness of your love and their commitment to love others. Amen
- May the light of God surround you, may the love of God enfold you, may the power of God protect you and the presence of God watch over you. Wherever you may be, God is, and in that awareness, all is well! Amen
- Ka Malamalama o ke Akua e ho’opuni mai ia kakou, ke aloha o ke Akua e kipuni mai ia kakou, ka mana o ke Akua e ho’opakele mai ia kakou, ke alo o ke Akua e malama mai ia kakou, ma kahi a kakou e hele aku ai he Akua no! Amene
The Prayer of St. Francis
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
- Where there is hatred… Let me sow love,
- Where there is injury… pardon. Where is doubt…Faith,
- Where there is despair… Hope, where there is darkness… light,
- Where there is sadness… Joy. O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled… as to console,
- To be understood… as to understand,
- To be loved… as to love, for it is in giving we receive
- It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned,
- It is in dying… that we are born to eternal life. Amen
The Balloonist Prayer
- The winds have welcomed you with softness.
- The sun has blessed you with its warm hands.
- You have flown so high and so well,
- That God has joined in your laughter
- And set you gently back again
- into the loving arms of Mother Earth.
- Bear Creek Balloons ™
Buddhist Wedding Prayer
- Today we promise to dedicate ourselves completely to each other, with body, speech, and mind.
- In this life, in every situation, in wealth, or poverty, in health or sickness, in happiness or difficulty, we will work to help each other perfectly.
- The purpose of our relationship will be to attain enlightenment by perfecting our kindness and compassion towards all sentient beings.
- Copyright © 1979 Lama Thubten Yeshe
- (Before vows)
- Let us thank the Lord for this day and the beauty of it and for this Exact Moment!
- Let us acknowledge him for bringing your two hearts together.
- I pray he will weave golden threads of love, commitment and loyalty into your marriage tapestry.
- And as you take your wedding vows, my you know his loving and living presence in your lives; not only today but forever more.
Blessing for a Marriage
- May your marriage bring you all the exquisite excitements a marriage should bring and may life grant you also patience, tolerance and understanding.
- May you always need one another- not so much to fill your emptiness as to help you to know your fullness.
- A mountain needs a valley to be complete; the valley does not make the mountain less but more and the valley is more a valley because it has a mountain towering over it.
- So let it be with you and you.
- May you need one another but not out of weakness.
- May you want one another but not out of lack.
- May you entice one another but not compel one another.
- May you embrace one another but not encircle one another.
- By: James Dillet Freeman